The discipline of Secondary Music, Dance and Theatre will empower all Clark County School District students to achieve their creative potential through quality artistic experiences. Secondary Music, Dance and Theatre (SMDT) offers content specific assistance to Central Administration, School Administration, SMDT Teachers, and the community. We specialize in Middle School and High School Programs. For K-5 information please visit the Elementary Fine Arts page.
The Department Goals are:
- Students will participate in performance opportunities demonstrating a variety of creative artistry.
- Students will engage in creative and challenging environments to foster independent thinking to prepare for lifelong involvement in the arts.
SMDT Assistance includes:
- Professional development
- Assessment Events (Festivals)
- Enrichment Events (Partnering with ITA)
- District Wide Paraprofessional assistance
- 240+ On-site Aides and Paraprofessional
- Partner and Community performances and support